Retrophillia: Dazed And Confused!!

Tune That's Stucky In My Sexy Vampire Head: "No More Mr. Nice Guy by Alice Cooper

*CUE UP GIANT PADDLE SPINING SHOT* lol





Well I figured since it's basically deader than a Dead Man's Ding-a-ling-a-ling around here as of late, and because there's not a heckofalot more new stuff to talk about in my life right now, that I'd just talk about some "old" stuff...


a vampire  blogger named Chet who writes about pop culture, monster/horror/B-movies and other crap in general


...Or specifically an old movie about EVEN OLDER stuff than that old time when the flick was made....or...err...yeah... :P lol

I'm talking about a lil'ol' low-budget flick from the early 90's called...

A vampire blog called The Unlife dedicated to nocturnal vampire life, monster movies, horror, pop culture and other general crap in well...uhhh...general!


Dazed and Confused


(applaud and give a"WOOT!" or an "Atta'BOY" here if you wish, but if you MUST do the AttaBoy, I STRONGLY PREFER my AttaBoys with a VERY FIRM ass smack...and just for further reference, if they can't hear your ass smack in Philadelphia, then you didn't do it right, ya big Daywalker sissypanyts! :P :D lol )

They always seem to be showing it over and over again on cable, and it always seems to be on at like 1 or 2, 3, in the morning when I'm just poppin' off from a workshift or something.

For those VERY FEW of you who may not have had ENOUGH time yet (16 years :P ) to see this flick, I can sum it up for you in one single concept, " American Graffiti --- 1976"

And if by chance you haven't seen American Graffiti then you REALLY need to get out more STAT and wear hotpants when you do... :P ;)

Similarly to Seinfeld it's a movie about absolutely nothing...just one roughly 12 hour period in one small Texas town on the last day of school in 1976. We as the audience are as if flies on the wall to the interconnected lives of several people in their experiences on this one single night. Like I said, American Graffiti!

Yet, even though this repeat of that concept is patently obvious.....


(right down to the edition of a "Greaser" character in D and C that's clearly an homage to the George Lucas legendary drag-racer punk in AG, played this time by the ever-cool yet STILL somehow best-actor-you've-probably-never-heard of Nicky Katt

...I mean, In both my lifetimes thus far, (Official and...uhh... POST-Nocturnal ;) ) I'm still old enough to remember who CCR is, I've played Pinball and Fooseball, and I remember what it was like to have rotary dial telephones and only being able to play video games at an arcade.

I'm old enough to remember when Alice Cooper, KISS, and Aerosmith were ALMOST in their prime. I have living, real world memories of man-culture glorious muscle cars. I remember when every older teen/college age guy in my subdivison wanted their very own "General Lee."





....OR MAAAAYBE it's because culture (particularly TEXAS) high school culture really hasn't changed all that much from generation to generation. (At least from that time to my teenybopper years.)

I can watch this flick and see in almost every major character someone I know or knew in my own life. I swear the blonde haired "Geek Squad" character "Tony" and his friend "Mike" look JUST LIKE the two smartest dudes in my class.

All the football guys in this movie act like the baseball team guys that I used to hang around with. A galpal I grew up with had a boyfriend who was just as older, glassy-eyed, sleazy, and still somehow as cool to us as Matthew McConaughey's character Wooderson. (except that dude drove a suped up 4 by 4 with monster tires! :P )

A vampire blog called The Unlife dedicated to nocturnal vampire life, monster movies, horror, pop culture and other general crap in well...uhhh...general!


The freshmen girls who were Cheerleaders and Slut Squad...err...I mean DRILLTEAMERS ;) had to do hazing rituals where they would wear clown makeup everyday for the first week of the new school year or baby's bonnets, or wear signs around their necks that said things like "Fresh Fish!" or "I'm a Mamma's Baby" and have to suck on their thumbs when a Upperclassmen on their squad ordered them to "Assume The Position" .

I've definitely gone riding around and played "Mailbox Baseball" (though we had the tendency to use a 9-Iron or an aluminum bat rather than a trash can. B) ) We did "Squirt Gun Drivebys" or we'd shoot slingshots with painball...err...I mean PAINT-ball pellets (preferably hitting them with red ones in the ass!) and then there was our crew's WORLD-FAMOUS "T- Bomb Raids."

(Or where we fill up a bunch of ginrmous water balloons as much as we could, drive around a look for a hot chick with a really nice set of boobs, a tight top, in a bikini, or all the above. Then you'd shout out "TITTY BOOOOOMB!!" as loud as you could and try to hit her as close as you could to the center of her Boobies, making it splash so hard and at such velocity that the hottie would completely drenched from our shot from the waist up, all while driving by at high speed! :P LOL)


A vampire blog called The Unlife dedicated to nocturnal vampire life, monster movies, horror, pop culture and other general crap in well...uhhh...general!
Dayum we were a bunch of little hooligans!! ;) :D lol

Anywaaay, Dazed and Confused is a great movie that brings back memories....and will probably bring you to a warm and fuzzy nostalgia place, EVEN IF you didn't grow up in the 70's.I highly recommend it!

Have you seen Dazed and Confused? If so, what did you think?

Does it remind you of when you were growing up in High School? If not, what movie takes you back to your "younger days?"

Are you/were you a "Prankste
r?"


Have a fantastic weekend Blogsters!! :) B)

--Chet


a cheeky vampire blogger named Chet who writes about pop culture, monster/horror/B-movies and other crap in generala cheeky vampire blogger named Chet who writes about pop culture, monster/horror/B-movies and other crap in generala cheeky vampire blogger named Chet who writes about pop culture, monster/horror/B-movies and other crap in general

Comments

Popular Posts